Clipper Logistics is the leading retail fulfilment business in the UK. With agility and ability at the core of what we do, we now have over 5000 permanent staff working across 48 sites in the UK and Europe
We have a vacancy for a Transport Manager at our Swadlincote site, to support both our Clicklink operation, and our customers whose contracts we manage out of Swadlincote.
The role will report to Clippers National Transport manager with dotted lines to the business General Manager and the site General manager.
This is a big role and we need someone who can keep many plates spinning at the same time.You will be measuring and taking steps to improve the effectiveness of the operation whilst at the same time, building relationships with customers and internal stakeholders alike.It is therefore vital that you have agood combination of soft skills and analytical ability.
This role would be suitable for someone who is people focussed, able to effect cultural change and feels ready to take the next step in management from a transport shift manager level to transport manager.There is an expectation of considerable growth within the Clicklink network, this role is expected to develop and grow in line with this expectation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- CPC in Road Haulage management is essential.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills
- IOSH and CIPD qualifications would be beneficial but are not a necessity.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work to strict deadlines, be able to prioritise and make decisions whilst under pressure to achieve tangible results
- Excellent computer literacy i.e. Word, Excel, Google Docs etc
- Experience with Transport specific and bespoke software such as Isotrak and other transport management software would be advantageous.
- A self-starter who is able to work with the minimum of supervision but who is also a strong team player with good interpersonal skills and completes tasks.
- Willingness to openly ask for assistance, guidance and help where there is a need
The growth of Clicklink offers tangible promotion opportunities for the successful candidate, as well as the chance to hone your skills in an autonomous, broad-ranging role.
To apply please send your CV to Jennifer Swain, Head of Resourcing at email@example.com