Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK.With ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and PrettyLittleThing.com
We really care about our employees and recognise that without capable individuals working together as a unit, we would not be where we are today.We therefore offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to ensure we nurture our people, allowing them to grow with us.
A vacancy has arisen at Brighouse for an ADMINISTRATION / STOCK CONTROL MANAGER to support our multi-contract operation.Reporting directly to the General Manager, this role will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective administration / stock control function and teams.
As a member of the DC Senior Management team, the role is very varied with extensive customer and senior management contact to ensure we provide first class service to our different customers. Challenging, demanding and rewarding.
- To ensure the accuracy of all records by the timely and correct recording of all stock
- To accurately write and maintain a wide range of differing SOPs for all main inventory control processes and functions
- To produce accurate reports for senior management and customers on a daily, weekly and periodical basis
- To work effectively alongside the Operations Managers on all stock and customer service matters relating to the site
- To support the General Manager to help promote the development of the operation
- To constantly review all operations with Stock Control and Customer Services Supervisors, with a view to improving systems, and make recommendations to the Warehouse Manager, Transport Manager and General Manager as appropriate.
- To lead a team of 6 customer service operatives, responsible for training, developing, appraising and enabling our colleagues to achieve optimum performance
- Ability to engage customers and colleagues to build strong working relations
- Extensive people management skills and experience of dealing with staff via HR procedures
- Significant experience of change management and to be highly motivated, organised, flexible and enthusiastic
- Working knowledge of Red Prairie (or similar duty management system)
- To be PC literate, specifically with Microsoft Office and stock control packages
- Pro-activity is valued in using initiative and seeking ways to constantly improve customer service
- To be able to support and work with other members of the senior management team to contribute to the effective running of the DC
- To have a keen eye and attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Previous experience of working within a warehouse / transport environment
Brighouse DC is one of the smaller, longer-established sites within Clipper and will provide considerable opportunity for personal growth with diverse and challenging responsibilities. Within the wider Clipper group, opportunities for progress and more senior roles are open to all candidates. The DC is keen to support professional development and will explore and support management learning and progress.