Clipper Logistics is the leading Retail Logistics business in the UK. With a network of over 40 sites and 4500 employees, we are growing at an amazing rate and now need Shift Managers to support our growth in Enfield.
To manage operational activities to achieve daily objectives and customer targets by overseeing the work flow throughout the warehouse by target and objective setting for First Line Managers, team leaders and warehouse colleagues. Having a general appreciation of all areas of the operation.
This will include:
- Leadership of Team Leaders and warehouse colleagues
- Ensuring the shift is health and safety compliant
- Working with other departments such as HR to ensure a successful operation
- Setting KPI’s and ensuring they are being met
- Working in a very fast paced, multi-cultural environment
Each shift will consist of approx. 80 to 100 staff, covering all aspects of the operation, inbound, picking, returns, PI, QC, despatch etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to operate Warehouse Management systems
- Trained to Aspire L3 / ILM L3
- Functional skills at L2 N & L
- Basic H&S award CIEH minimum or IOSH qualification
- Considerable experience in motivating and leading teams within a fast moving deadline orientated environment
- Awareness of basic budgeting and appropriate cost control awareness
- Ability to address poor performance and give appropriate recognition for performing individuals and teams-able to conduct disciplinary to written warning
- Ability to react to change in demands and take proactive steps to maintain control or recovery issues that may result in service failures