Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK.With ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and PrettyLittleThing.com
We really care about our employees and recognise that without capable individuals working together as a unit, we would not be where we are today.We therefore offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to ensure we nurture our people, allowing them to grow with us.
A vacancy has arisen for a Shift Manager working across our Crick and Daventry depot on our Halfords contract. We have recently moved in to our brand new depot, and now is a great time to come and join our team as we continue to expand and grow!
Vacancy Description: (role requirements, duties)
- To understand the short to medium term plans of their customer and the operational requirements for each shift by working with First Line Managers to review operational volumes and forecasts for the coming week and to calculate labour requirements, including holiday absence and sickness cover.
- Maintaining “real time” status control of all warehouse related operational processes to ensure the effective flow of goods into, through and out of the warehouse by monitoring the operational team performance of the on duty shift through their FLM and team leaders. Taking proactive steps with individuals and teams where slippage occurs against expected time lines and milestones and taking preventive action to reduce risks of service failures or re-occurring issues
- Close liaison with the sites Inventory / admin and quality teams to ensure availability of the right stock in the right place, through routine inspections to ensure stock integrity and accurate record keeping, taking proactive and preventive steps against shrinkage and damage and errors such as nil picks.
- Accountability for the individual and team performance and productivity (through measures such as barometers) of those staff allocated to him / her ensuring that high levels of productivity are maintained and where necessary redeploying colleagues quickly and efficiently.
- To organise fast and effective follow up on preventive / remedial action where investigation identifies faults are attributable to Clipper – taking immediate steps to re-educate offenders or take disciplinary action where neglect or misconduct may have occurred.
- To ensure stringent control to reduce waste and cost of packaging, ensuring that appropriate steps are taken to ensure recycling targets are fully achieved.
- To understand the customer’s ethos and operational priorities and to be conversant with the targets contained within the contracts service level agreement and key performance indicators.
- To be aware of the customer’s product range and its impact on receiving locating and dispatching its product combined with specific transport requirements for the customers – customer base.
- Ensuring regular team reviews and on the job status updates are conducted with the shifts first line managers and team-leaders is completedto ensure they understand the previous 24 hours performance achieved and the coming 24 hours targets.
- To be aware of and have knowledge of the customers volumes against plan for the current shift pattern in order to evaluate its impact on labour planning and take necessary steps to meet labour demand by working in close liaison with the Operations Manager / and agency suppliers
- To be responsible for and aware of the budgeted headcount and the breakdown of full and part time Clipper colleagues and to understand peak periods that will require additional agency labour.
- To be fully aware of the site tolerance levels and targets in regards to individual and contract absence levels. Ensuring that effective absent management techniques are applied.
- To be responsible for the control and management of holiday entitlements by ensuring local guidelines are adhered to in respect of total number of staff allowed off at one time and to update holiday matrix.
- To be fully aware of operational working practices, safe systems of work, and risk assessments for all activities within their scope of control. Ensuring TARs for individual colleagues are implemented and completed to ensure the Company is legal and compliant in all key areas of health and safety.
- To be able to address performance management issues, by having a full understanding of the Company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- Conduct regular coaching and feedback sessions for immediate reports and to undertake appraisals with immediate reports using the Company PDR documents.
·Good interpersonal, leadership and motivation skills at Supervisory Level
·Customer Facing experience
·ILM Certificate in Leadership & Management, Level 3, desirable
·Good organisationaland planning skills
·Good analytical and numerical skills
·Good communicator – both verbal and written
·Strong coaching and development skills
·Experienced in Health & Safety requirements
·Computer literate, experience of WMS systems and MS Office packages
A job at Clipper offers you a true career opportunity with a host of progression avenues, and various developmental tools such as ILM courses, academic qualifications and on the job training.