Getting businesses online and boosting their e-commerce capabilities.
Perfecting returns management with our new multichannel logistics solutions.
Receiving your goods and feeding your logistics network however you want us to.
Streamlining your supply chain to give you greater control.
Managing every stage of your supply chain network, anywhere in the world.
UK & European
Delivering to your customers wherever they are.
Utilising our 47 sites and 10 million sq ft of warehousing space.
Going the extra mile to add value for our customers.
Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK. With ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and PrettyLittleThing.com
We really care about our employees and recognise that without capable individuals working together as a unit, we would not be where we are today. We therefore offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to ensure we nurture our people, allowing them to grow with us
Our Wynyard facility is one of our most established sites. We now have a vacancy for a Maintenance Technician to join our tight-knit and successful team there.
Reporting to the Health Safety & Facilities Manager, the ideal candidate will provide a full and comprehensive maintenance service to the site.
The rle will involve:
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.10) Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, reading drawings, repair manuals, or parts catalogues, as necessary.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogues and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Estimate repair costs.
- Perform general cleaning of buildings
- Test and treat water supply.
Person Specification: (Key technical skills / experience / soft skills)
- The ability to demonstrate a structured approach to scheduled activities
- Pro-activity is valued in using initiative and seeking ways to constantly improve standards
- Ideally Electrically qualified preferably up to the 17th Edition with a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical installations
- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Flexibility to change
- Punctuality and timeliness in dealing with tasks is required
- Be able to work unsupervised and be able to prioritise tasks
- An effective communicator both internally and with contractors, highlighting where appropriate issues and areas for improvement.
Clipper Logistics can offer you a host of developmental opportunities such as ILM and our own Clipper Degree Course. We also provide a range of benefits including Perkbox.