Getting businesses online and boosting their e-commerce capabilities.
Perfecting returns management with our new multichannel logistics solutions.
Receiving your goods and feeding your logistics network however you want us to.
Streamlining your supply chain to give you greater control.
Managing every stage of your supply chain network, anywhere in the world.
UK & European
Delivering to your customers wherever they are.
Utilising our 47 sites and 10 million sq ft of warehousing space.
Going the extra mile to add value for our customers.
Assistant Finance Manager
Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK. With ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and PrettyLittleThing.com
We really care about our employees and recognise that without capable individuals working together as a unit, we would not be where we are today. We therefore offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to ensure we nurture our people, allowing them to grow with us.
The main purpose of the role is to provide fully comprehensive financial support to the sites finance function and operational team in Peterborough for all three contracts (M&S, Brissi, and Sports Direct) at Ivatt Way and Woodston; Monitoring contract costs and evaluate budget and operational assumptions.
Ivatt Way operates 1 mil square feet, whilst our newest site at Woodston operates 100,000 square feet.
With a newly formed finance team this role offers the flexibility for someone to really make it their own whilst contributing to the overall development of the finance function, which is still very much in its infancy, and the other individuals in it.
- To produce weekly management information, and monthly packs, relating to separate site contracts
- To process internal cross charges and Clipper trial balances
- To provide and interpret financial information relative to separate contracts
- To monitor cost flows and to identify future trends
- To evaluate ways to cut costs and present viable options to the Finance Manager/Senior Finance Manager/ GM
- To manage budgets and provide accurate information and costing; providing a detailed variance analysis breakdown against Budget/Forecast.
- To process figures to identify shared gain
- To ensure that all purchase orders and supplier invoices are logged and processed
- To hold petty cash and manage expenditure of sundries
- To ensure data and information is kept confidential at all times
- To undertake all other tasks as reasonably requested by the Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager & Site Manager
- Manage and support other finance personnel
- To ensure Customer KPI reports are completed accurately and timely
- To produce reports as required by the Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager and Site Manager
- To liaise with Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Site Manager and Customer in respect of financial information provision and analysis
- To seek feedback from site management and site partners (agencies etc.) in respect of accuracy and timeliness of information
- To participate in Customer meetings regarding financial analysis and budgets
- To undertake all other tasks as reasonably requested by senior management / directors
- Previous experience working in an accountancy funtion
- Computer literate, good experience MS Office packages
- Advanced excel skills including the ability to use formulas to a good standard
- Good analytical skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Self-motivated and works under own initiative
- Flexible with the ability to embrace change and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Warehouse and logistics experience
- Managing a small team
- Part / Full AAT Qualification/ QBE may also be considered.