The training and development of our people benefits not only them, but also us as a business. This is why we invest in training at every level.
Training helps our staff understand and meet the requirements of their current role and prepares them for future promotions and career moves. We work with our people to identify the training they need to do their job safely and to the best of their ability, and we even give our people time off for job-related training.
The right training, whatever your role
Through our training partners we run a comprehensive programme of Level 2 NVQs for Warehouse Operatives, Fork Lift Truck Drivers, Business Administrators and Customer Service teams.
Our drivers are put through an innovative Driver CPC programme, which uses state-of-the-art driver simulation cabs.
Our Team Leader and Management teams benefit from a series of in-house half day training modules. Prospective Team Leaders and Operations Managers can also apply to join our ILM and NVQ-accredited ASPIRE Management Development programmes to work alongside and learn from delegates at other Clipper sites.
We also offer specialist training through our links with the Logistics Institute at Hull University, and we’ve collaborated with the CILT, Anglia Ruskin and London Metropolitan Universities to develop an innovative and interactive online Warehouse Safety package in 2D and 3D.
Helping you work safely
We have an enviable safety record, which is due in part to the training we offer, from safety inductions to manual handling training. This is supported by our in-house training which uses proven documentation and sign off processes to ensure everyone is trained, assessed and confident in their performance.
Examples of the training we offer include:
- Management development via our externally accredited ASPIRE programme aimed at current or potential Team Leaders, Supervisors, Shift and Operations Managers
- Specialist and professional development programmes
- Specialist courses to update managers on developments within the world of Logistics
- Adult Apprenticeship and Vocational NVQ-accredited training for warehouse, FLT, driver, administration and management staff
- Statutory Health & Safety training
- Driver CPC training
- Classroom-based and on-the-job induction training
- On-the-job skills training via our Buddy schemes
- We work with the Business Disability Forum to ensure our new and current staff are cared for correctly.