CLIPPER LOGISTICS GROUP PROVIDES HELIPCOPTER
FOR BEEFY’S GREAT BRITISH WALK
Raising vital funds for Leukaemia Research
Clipper Logistics Group, the leading provider of retail and high value logistics, will provide the helicopter to transport Sir Ian Botham between each of the nine UK towns that he will visit for this year’s Great British Walk. Botham completed his first walk to raise money for Leukaemia Research in 1985. This year’s walk will be his 12th for the charity and the Clipper helicopter will ensure that he is at the right place, at the right time each day.
This year’s walk will be taking place over nine days between 10 and 18 October, and will visit nine towns spanning the length and breadth of the country, including Taunton, Windsor, Tunbridge Wells, Bury St Edmunds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Llandudno, Harrogate, Milngavie and Durham. The map of the locations looks similar to the map of sites operated by Clipper Logistics Group, and as this is the first year that Botham is inviting the general public to walk with him, the company has challenged employees to participate.
Each of Clipper Logistics Group’s 22 sites will nominate two people to participate in the walk nearest to that location. If the walkers raise over £250 each, they will have the pleasure of walking with Botham for a section of the walk on that day. If all 22 sites raise a minimum of £500, Clipper will be able to donate a minimum of £11,000 to Leukamia Research.
To further incentivise employees and as a gesture of thanks from the company, Clipper is inviting the top six fundraisers to a hospitality day at Leeds United. The winning employees will watch a match from Clipper’s corporate box and enjoy a meal before a game.
Steve Parkin, founder and chairman, Clipper Logistics Group explained: “We’re delighted to support Sir Ian with the logistics of his 12th Great British Walk. The nimbleness and speed of the Clipper helicopter mirrors our entire operation. Our agility as an organisation is what our customers love about us, so it’s great to be able to put it into action for such a worthwhile cause.”
Sir Ian Botham explained: “We’re delighted that Clipper Logistics Group is providing the helicopter for this year’s Great British Walk. I have to cover large distances every day to make the next venue, so it’s very reassuring to have the ability to travel quickly and without the potential delays of road or rail. And it’s fantastic that Clipper is encouraging employees to join in. I think it’s wonderful that they are bringing people throughout the organisation together to raise much-needed funds for Leukamia Research. The work that they do is vital.”
Back in 1985, children diagnosed with leukaemia had just a 20% chance of survival. Today it is an 80% chance. For further information on how to get involved with Beefy’s Great British Walk, visit www.bothamwalk.com