Training benefits everyone. It transforms our people, allowing them to develop new skills. It brings our customers the advantages of a highly-knowledgeable partner. And ultimately it makes our business more efficient, productive and professional.
Training also helps our staff to understand and meet the requirements of their roles, preparing them for future promotions and career moves.
We continually work with our employees to identify the training they need to do their job safely, and provide time off for job-related courses and workshops.
To help train the next generation of Clipper specialists, we offer the following courses:
- Through our training partners, we run a comprehensive programme of Level 2 NVQs for Warehouse Operatives, Fork Lift Truck Drivers, Business Administrators and Customer Service teams.
- All our drivers benefit from an innovative Driver CPC programme, which uses state-of-the-art driver simulation cabs.
- Our Team Leader and Management teams can take advantage of a series of in-house half day training modules. Prospective Team Leaders and Operations Managers can also apply to join our ILM and NVQ-accredited ASPIRE Management Development programmes to work alongside and learn from delegates at other Clipper sites.
- We also offer specialist training through our links with the Logistics Institute at Hull University, and we’ve collaborated with the CILT, Anglia Ruskin and London Metropolitan Universities to develop an innovative and interactive online Warehouse Safety package in 2D and 3D.
Helping you work safely
From safety inductions to manual handling training, we offer a range of workplace safety training to keep our people safe. This also helps to maintain our enviable safety record.
This training is supported by expert in-house training, which makes sure every employee is equipped to meet the requirements of their role.
Examples of the training we offer include: TBC
- We support an in-house NVQ certified training programme (ASPIRE) to develop and support career progression, and encourage outside training initiatives and professional development
- We offer graduates 12-month placements that include on-the-job mentoring, national site visits, supervisory experience, real responsibilities and hands-on project involvement
- We encourage training opportunities for people who are looking for a fresh start in life, whether they are homeless, retired, ex-military, ex-offenders, full-time parents or disabled.
- We provide rewarding apprenticeships with the opportunity to take a 3-year chain leadership degree and end the programme as a manager.