Why Choose Clipper?
Getting businesses online and boosting their e-commerce capabilities.
Perfecting returns management with our new multichannel logistics solutions.
Receiving your goods and feeding your logistics network however you want us to.
Streamlining your supply chain to give you greater control.
Managing every stage of your supply chain network, anywhere in the world.
UK & European
Delivering to your customers wherever they are.
Utilising our 47 sites and 10 million sq ft of warehousing space.
Going the extra mile to add value for our customers.
At Clipper we value our people and treat them as a name, not just a number. We give every employee a voice and make them feel involved and rewarded for their efforts, and occasionally, a bit of fun thrown into the mix!
To ensure we maintain a ‘One Company’ identity, we encourage staff from across our 39 sites to interact with each other through involvement in projects, training programmes and inter-site competitions such as the Clipper Wii Olympics.
Here are just some of our employee engagement initiatives:
- 1. Employee forums
- These two-way discussions see company information cascaded to all team members, and nominated employees put their comments and questions forward.
- 2. Briefings
- Team briefings relay information from managers to supervisors/team leaders and then on to all individuals in a team. Ad-hoc briefings are similar in format to team briefings, but are used to deliver a particular message to a specific area or team.
- 3. Notice boards
- Company news, policies, health & safety updates, vacancies and general announcements are posted on notice boards across our sites.
- 4. Site Safety Teams
- Each site has a designated team tasked with ensuring that safety is promoted to all employees.
- 5. Company newsletter
- The ‘Evolve’ company newsletter is distributed to all sites every quarter. It includes site reviews, business wins, a message from the Chairman, interviews and other company news.
- 6. Suggestion scheme
- We welcome suggestions at any time and encourage staff feedback across our sites.
- 7. Employee of the Month
- Every Clipper site can award a retail voucher on a monthly basis to an individual who goes the extra mile and displays our values to achieve excellence.
- 8. Long Service Awards
- Our most valuable asset is our staff and we recognise loyalty through our long service award certificates and vouchers, which are presented after 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years of service.
- 9. Benefits booklet
- New employees receive a Clipper benefits booklet. This gives them access to competitive rates on hospital funds and child care vouchers, as well as other discounts and offers.
- 10. Customer discounts
- Many of our customers offer Clipper staff one-off discount vouchers for use in their stores, and occasionally open up ‘end of line’ sales.
- 11. Opportunity to volunteer
- There are opportunities for staff to volunteer for various activities, including being a first aider or fire marshal, or joining the Staff forum, Health and Safety Committee and working parties.
- 12. Social & charity events
- We organise regular company-wide social and charity events. Recent events include Fun Days, an Outward Bound Challenge and a Dragon Boat Race. We also support a wide range of charities and many sites also organise social and charity events on a local level.
- 13. Driver of the Year
- Every year, a group of Clipper employees are treated to a fun day out in which they face various driving challenges and test, from a tricky obstacle course, to keeping as much water in the bath as possible (which is loaded on the back of the truck!) And at the end of it our ‘Driver of the Year’ is crowned. It’s an innovative Driver training day, delivered in a fun way.