Getting businesses online and boosting their e-commerce capabilities.
Perfecting returns management with our new multichannel logistics solutions.
Receiving your goods and feeding your logistics network however you want us to.
Streamlining your supply chain to give you greater control.
Managing every stage of your supply chain network, anywhere in the world.
UK & European
Delivering to your customers wherever they are.
Utilising our 47 sites and 10 million sq ft of warehousing space.
Going the extra mile to add value for our customers.
A wealth of diverse roles and functions combine to make up the Clipper business, all of which are crucial in making us the company that we are. These key roles fall into two categories – operations and specialist.
Read more about what each of these roles entails and the characteristics required to excel in them.
- General Managers
- Our General Managers are key players within our senior management structure. They’re the people who join up the needs of our customers with our own corporate goals, whilst balancing the requirements of the operation with the motivation of their staff.Commercial acumen, operational know-how, interpersonal skills and the ability to build lasting customer relations are essential to this role.
View our General Manager vacancies
- Operations and Transport Managers
- Our Operations Managers are responsible for a team of Shift/First Line Managers, while Transport Managers oversee the Transport Co-ordinators and Planners.These roles manage the operational performance of their site and contracts, improve efficiencies and productivity, liaise with customers, and ensure budget, KPI and SLA targets are met. They’re also accountable for the performance, training, development and wellbeing of their staff.View our Operations and Transport Manager vacancies
- First Line/Shift Managers
- As a First Line Manager you’ll play a vital role in us successfully meeting our KPIs and SLAs. You’ll take day-to-day control of your shift – ensuring process and procedures are followed, targets are met, problems are overcome and your staff are motivated to achieve.You’ll be expected to delegate tasks, ensure your team is briefed, resourced, trained and equipped to do their job, identify and resolve operational and technical issues, and report concerns that require action.View our First Line/Shift Manager vacancies
- Finance Managers
- As a Finance Manager part of your role will be to closely monitor our business. You’ll report figures weekly and monthly, and constantly analyse the health of your contracts – controlling costs, identifying opportunities and recommending improvements where necessary.You’ll attend customer reviews and report relevant figures to them, and also feed information into Business Tender submissions.
View our Finance Manager vacancies
- Human Resources Manager
- To be a successful HR Manager you’ll need to be a real people person. You’ll build relationships at all levels and have the confidence to challenge before advising on and recommending the most appropriate action.You’ll get involved in all aspects of the ‘people agenda’ – from recruiting and developing staff to advising on sensitive employee relations matters. Most importantly of all you’ll implement creative initiatives which excite, motivate and engage staff and demonstrate why Clipper is an employer of choice.
View our Human Resources Manager vacancies
- Business Solutions (Incorporating Development, Project, & IT Managers)
- There are various roles which focus on strengthening existing relationships and forging new ones in order to win business, continuously improve processes, design and test operational solutions and support ‘go live’ implementations.All the above managers provide our creative energy, and people in these roles are typically relationship builders, team players, confident presenters and effective communicators. You’ll also need to be IT literate, technically astute, operationally aware and have excellent planning skills.
View our Business Solutions vacancies
- The recruitment of graduates is primarily channelled through the Novus Trust – a collaboration between the logistics industry and the University of Huddersfield. If a student is successful in gaining a place on the Novus Trust Logistics Degree programme they will benefit from significant advantages such as:
- Mentoring by industry experts
- Guaranteed sandwich year placements, summer jobs and ultimately a job with one of the sponsoring companies (subject to achieving an upper second class degree and satisfactory references)
- An industry relevant curriculum with additional non-academic industry training
- Access to resources and material to support project work
To understand more about this innovative business leading initiative please click on the logo.
Once you join Clipper, our graduate scheme gives the managers of tomorrow a taste of real work and responsibility. You’ll be allocated to our central graduate programme where you will spend approximately six months in projects and business development, six months in operations and six months within transport and/or central support functions. Alternatively you will be dedicated to an operational role at one of our larger sites as you get to know the business, participate in site-based projects and cover management posts. Your experience will be interspersed with in-house and external management development that’s tailored to your needs. And because you’ll be making a meaningful contribution, you’ll be given the opportunity to be noticed.
- View our Graduate vacancies
- Customer Service Manager
- As a Customer Service Manager you’ll build, maintain and develop strong relationships with our customers. You’ll help to understand their needs, listen to and communicate with them, update them on progress and help to resolve their queries.It’s essential that you have a calm disposition to reassure customers, as well as being organised and commercially astute enough to identify potential opportunities. You’ll also be the person that others turn to for management information and KPI/SLA statistics.
View our Customer Service Manager vacancies
- We rely on administrators to support the smooth running of our operations and ensure nothing gets missed – that essential phone call, a timely reminder or a vital piece of information.As the glue that binds our teams together, you’ll be organised, flexible and proactive to ensure deadlines are met and the professional reputation of Clipper is maintained.
View our Administrator vacancies
- You visit the customer on a daily basis and this makes you true Clipper ambassadors. Getting products to a client’s DCs and stores is essential to their success, and we rely on our drivers to do this safely, efficiently and with a smile.The way you relate to Store or DC staff, the way you present yourselves and how helpful you are – whether that’s handballing product, assisting store staff or reporting feedback – all reinforce the professional image of Clipper in the eyes of the customer.
View our Driver vacancies
- Warehouse Operatives
- A customer’s competitive edge relies on our ability to stock their shelves and deliver to them on time, and this role is vital to the process. You’ll work a variety of shift patterns across a range of customer contracts.Duties include picking and packing ready for distribution, and with training available, career development is a real possibility – impress as an operative and you could soon develop into a Team Leader and beyond.
View our Warehouse Operative vacancies
- Our Warehouse Apprentice Scheme offers a first step on the ladder towards a career in logistics. If chosen, you’ll join a 12 month programme with on-the-job learning accredited to a formal vocational qualification. At the end of the scheme there may even be opportunities for a permanent position.
View our Apprentice vacancies